Hydraulic Cylinder Styled Rosin Press - User Manual & Troubleshooting
User Manual & Troubleshooting
Recommendations on Materials Loaded
1 - High Amounts Loaded:
28g with 10-ton heat press
- 39g with 12-ton heat press
2 - Filter for Pairing:
- Flower 90-160 micron
- Sift 25-37 micron
- 2x4" size for 30mm cylinder puck maker (dp-pm3015r or dp-pm30s) or rectangle puck maker (dp-pm4007s)
- 2.5x4.5" size for 40mm cylinder puck maker ( dp-pm40r)
- Rosin filter bags collection - shop now
3 - Pre Press Mold for Pairing:
- 30mm cylinder puck maker (dp-pm3015ror dp-pm30s) for 3.5-7g materials loaded per puck
- 40mm cylinder puck maker (dp-pm40r) for 7-14g materials loaded per puck
- 2x4 rectangle puck maker (dp-pm4007s) for 7-14g materials loaded per puck
How to Begin Extracting
- Prepare your hydraulic pump according to their instruction manual before continuing to the next step.
Tip: The included male coupler should be installed if you are building your own pump, OR if you experience issues with pairing OR operation.
- Move hydraulic heat press to working area.
Tip: Be sure to protect your working area from scratches during operation.
- Attach the hydraulic pump’s hose onto the fitting at the rear of the cylinder until fully finger tightened.
- Plug in power to the Temperature Control Box. Turn on both platen power sub-switches.
- Set desired temperature on Temperature Control Box. Our recommendation of 160-200F for fine material, 180-220F for flower.
Tip: Lower temperatures give a more flavorful extraction while higher temperatures give more returns.
- Close the release valve on the front of the hydraulic hand pump.
- Open the bleed valve on the rear of the hydraulic hand pump two full turns, and keep open for 5 seconds, then re-close it fully.
- Prepare your material either by hand or with your puck maker.
- Insert parchment paper in-between open plates, then insert your puck.
- Depress the handle on the hydraulic hand pump down and up slowly (finer material such as sift, must apply pressure at a much slower speed as to prevent your filter from blowouts) Continue to slowly apply pressure until either the color darkens considerably or you feel it is already tight. The pressure will ease off as the oil flows out, at this time we want to bring the pressure back to where it was.
Tip: Using only enough pressure will give a higher quality extraction as to not introduce non-essential oils. If the parchment paper tears or is stained through to the other side, it is a good indication of excessive pressure. Try and aim for a tight feeling on the puck but not so tight that you have to put a lot of effort into your handle.
Tip: Extraction times will vary, so it's important to let the flow of your extraction be your guide. Higher temperatures extractions will finish faster than lower temperatures.
- Open the release valve on the front of the hydraulic hand pump.
- Remove parchment paper and puck carefully from the open platens.
- Collect your material, a cold plate from the freezer may help in your collection.
- Place collection in storage container.
- Power off the Temperature Control Box if your pressing time is over.
* Repeat steps 5-15 to continue working.
- Heated press platens are designed for pressing soft materials such as flowers and sift. Do not press hard objects between the heated platens or they will be damaged!
- Collect your extractions on a cold surface and preserve them in your storage container as soon as possible.
- Power off the Temperature Control Box if your pressing time is over. Excessive heat on the hydraulic system will decrease the working life of the seals and may cause premature failure.
- Keep hands out from between heated platens once pressure is applied to prevent serious injury to yourself and others.
Questions & Answers:
- Question: Could I replace the original cylinder model to higher tons?
- Answer: No, it is recommended that you use the same tons cylinder as your replacement.
- Question: Could I add a pressure gauge to my pump if it does not include one?
- Answer: Yes! We offer a gauge kit ( dp-gk35v ) for use to pair with most hydraulic pumps using 1/4” NPT threading.
- Question: What Humidity level should my flower be stored in?
- Answer: 62% is the recommended stable relative humidity (RH) inside of your flower container.
- Question: How to measure the humidity in my flower container?
- Answer: A small hygrometer will give you the humidity levels inside of the container.
- Question: Can I re-press my pucks?
- Answer: Yes! Simply fold the puck in half and re-press it. You might have to use higher temperature to get an extraction.
- Question: Do I need to use filter bags for flowers?
- Answer: No, you can press single flowers and get great results.
- Question: How to calculate the actual PSI on my material?
- For 10-ton cylinder ( dp-hr10t35v & dp-hr10t35 ) – 2.25 x PSI on the gauge = Total Force Delivered; Total Force Delivered / Surface Area of Material (sq/in) = PSI at the material;
- For 12-ton cylinder ( dp-hr12t47 ) – 2.75 x PSI on the gauge = Total Force Delivered; Total Force Delivered / Surface Area of Material (sq/in) = PSI at the material
- Question: How much PSI should I use on my material?
- For flower - the suggested range is between 800-1200 PSI at the material.
- For fine material – the suggested range is between 400-600 PSI at the material.
- Question: Can I use a hydraulic foot pump to operate the cylinder?
Answer: Yes, a pneumatic + hydraulic foot pump can be paired with the hydraulic cylinder. A pneumatic air compressor will also be required for operation.
Tip: 10-ton hydraulic/pneumatic foot pump with dabpress dp-hr10t35v heat press - Watch YouTube Video
- Question: Can I use less than 10000 PSI rated hydraulic pump and equipment to pair to the heat press machine?
- Answer: No, you should only pair hydraulic equipment to your heat press machine which is rated at 10000 PSI operating capacity or higher.
We suggest using at least 1000 pounds (1/2 of a ton) of force per square inch of puck size for flower materials loaded. Only 500 pounds (1/4 of a ton) of force per square inch of puck size for sift materials loaded.
Usually 6-10 tons for 3x5” platens, and 10-12 tons for 3x7” platens, 20-30 tons for 5.5x7” platens.
1 - How to avoid the filter bags from blowing out?
- Remove excess stems from flowers.
- Use less material in your filter bag.
- Preheating your material first to get it melty before you begin to apply pressure.
- Apply the pressure more slowly.
2 - One of heated platens don’t heat up
- Check power sub-switch on rear of Temperature Control Box for the affected platen.
3 - The hydraulic pump will not hold pressure
- Bleed the hydraulic pump of air through the valve
- Insure the release valve is tightly closed.
- Insure the quick couplers are fully hand tightened.
- Refer to your hydraulic pump’s owner manual for troubleshooting pressure issues which may be brand specific.
4 - How to apply the pressure for optimal yield and quality?
- Flower is the easiest material to extract. Slowly compress the puck until the oil begins to flow. As the extraction is flowing, it is important to keep some weight of downward force on the jack handle to maintain the level of pressure in which the oil is releasing. By applying too much pressure we may experience blowouts, or even introduce plant matter into our essential oils. Once the puck is mostly extracted you should no longer feel any more release of pressure on the jack handle.
- Sift and fine material will take some practice, so we advise to preheat your puck between closed platens.They need to only touch the top and bottom of the puck for preheating. No pressure is required. Allow the puck to preheat for 20-30 seconds. At this time the puck should be melty and more likely to flow out instead of building up pressure inside which may cause a blowout. Gently apply pressure onto the puck and give it time to release the oil, slowly applying the pressure throughout the entire extraction.
5 - The yields are not very good.
- If pressing flower, verify your sealed storage jar’s humidity level is between 60-65%
- Try a different variety filter.
- Sifting or hashing it first will allow you to press out a product with acceptable yields.
- Pressing using the “bottle tech” method can improve your yield
Other User Manual/Guide & Troubleshooting:
- Hydraulic Cylinder Styled Rosin Press
- Caged DIY Rosin Press Kits
- Bottle Jack Rosin Press
- Uncaged DIY Rosin Press
- Cylinder Pre Press Mold
- 2x4" Rosin Pre Press Mold
- Large Rosin Filter Bags ( 3x7")
- Rosin Filter Mold Combo
- 12 Ton Capacity Hydraulic Hand Pump With Gauge
- Rosin Bags
- Enail Dab Kit / Vaporizer
1 - Dabpress 10 ton driptech press (1)
2 - Dabpress 10 Ton Driptech Rosin Press (2)
HOT BLOG POST
- User Manual and Troubleshooting
- Product Reviews on YouTube by Rosineers
- Product Reviews on Reddit.com by Rosineer
- Starters Wanna Learn Extracting Skills from Fuckcombuston
- PSI Calculations Assuming the Cylinder Effective Area of Driptech Rosin
- Solventless Rosin Extraction Paperless In Test
- How to Apply Pressure While Starting My DIY Setup with 3x5" Caged Press Plates Kit?
- PSI Calculation = 12-ton Hydraulic Rosin Press with Dabpress Hand Pump with Gauge
- Are There Tips for Knowing How Much Pressure to Apply with 6-ton Heat Press
- Dabpress Rosin Heat Press - Product Size Comparison
- How To Clean Up Rosin Press Platens?
- How to DIY An Electric Rosin Press
- How to Collect Your Honey/Sappy Rosin from Parchment Paper?
- Deals & Promotional News from Dabpress?
- How Do I Know If My Buds Are Best Suited For Rosin?
- Warranty & Guarantee
- Kief, Dry Sift, Trim, Bubble Hash Rosin Press
- Rosin Press for Bubble Hash, Dry Sift, Trim Getting High Yield
- How to Collect Your Honey/Sappy Rosin from Parchment Paper?
- What to Do With Those Pressed Pucks After the Rosin Extraction?
- Several Little Tricks to Achieve the Best Rosin Yield in Rosin Press
For more information to improve your skills of rosin extraction as a rosineer and experience sharing, please read our blog or join our forum [ Dabpress Press Plates ] on Fuckcombustion. We always listen carefully to your real needs and experienced suggestions.
- We love to post your original contents on our website
- You are able to get freebies if your contents posted on our website
- We offer freebies if you re-post our contents on your social media if you have 1k followers
Please contact us via email@example.com